WALES AFRICAN FILM FESTIVAL
30TH NOVEMBER – 7TH DECEMBER
Welcome to Wales African film Festival. After months and months of debating, negotiating, contemplating, hoping and wishing that this day will come, we are proud to present the first ever screenings of Watch-Africa, the first African Film Festival in Wales.
The mouth-watering festive of African films and activities will consist of:
· 12 Feature Long Films; Including the widely-acclaimed and Oscar Nominated, ‘Nairobi Half Life’.
· 4 Short Films (Animations; Documentaries and Fiction)
· Panel Discussions on the topics presented by some of the films with contributions from academics at the University of Cardiff.
· Master-classes in Scriptwriting facilitated and delivered by Rungano Nyoni, a BAFTA winning Welsh-Zambian film-maker.
· A lecture on the Explorative Journey through the Awra Amba Experience.
Themed ‘Nostalgia and Africa Unity’, the festival will celebrate 50 years of Africa Unity as well as providing those bitter, sweet memories of Africa for the Diaspora and those who have been to the continent. The festival will celebrate African culture and arts through films, discussions and workshops….And all within 8 days. (more…)