- 1 How do I get from Cardiff to Barry Island?
- 2 How much is a train ticket from Cardiff to Barry?
- 3 How far is Barry Island from Cardiff City Centre?
- 4 Is Barry Island open to visitors?
- 5 Does Cardiff have a beach?
- 6 Can I drive to Barry Island?
- 7 Are trains running from Barry to Cardiff?
- 8 What time is the last train from Cardiff to Newport?
- 9 What is Barry Island famous for?
- 10 How far is Barry Island train station from the beach?
- 11 How far is Barry Island from Essex?
- 12 What shops are in Barry Island?
- 13 How much are the rides at Barry Island?
- 14 Does Barry Island have a pier?
How do I get from Cardiff to Barry Island?
Taking the train from Cardiff Central to Barry Island The train from Cardiff Central to Barry Island usually takes around 29m but can take just 27m on the fastest Transport for Wales services, with around 45 trains running on this popular route per day.
How much is a train ticket from Cardiff to Barry?
Cheap train tickets from Cardiff Central to Barry Train tickets from Cardiff Central to Barry start at £3.80‡ one way for a Standard Class ticket if you book in advance.
How far is Barry Island from Cardiff City Centre?
The distance between Cardiff and Barry Island is 7 miles.
Is Barry Island open to visitors?
Open Daily. Free Entry.
Does Cardiff have a beach?
There are many beaches in the Cardiff area including Penarth and St Mary’s Well Bay. Only a short drive away is the more famous Barry Island with its large sandy beach and family friendly amenities.
Can I drive to Barry Island?
Anybody who is “local” to a beach is permitted to travel there. This means that anyone who is around five miles from the beach “as a rule of thumb” can travel there, although anybody who lives in a rural area can travel further if they consider their local area to be wider.
Are trains running from Barry to Cardiff?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Barry to Cardiff Central without having to change trains. There are 63 direct trains from Barry to Cardiff Central each day.
What time is the last train from Cardiff to Newport?
The last train from Cardiff Central to Newport (South Wales) leaves at 00:30.
What is Barry Island famous for?
Although Barry Island used to be home to a Butlins Holiday Camp, it is now known more for its beach and Barry Island Pleasure Park. It was used as a setting of the BBC TV show Gavin & Stacey.
How far is Barry Island train station from the beach?
The beach is only a 6-minute walk from Barry Island train station. Simply turn right onto Station Approach, then at the roundabout take the first exit onto Friars Road and keep walking until you get to Barry Island Beach.
How far is Barry Island from Essex?
Rainham (Essex) to Barry Island by train
|Distance||149 miles (240 km)|
|Departure station||Rainham ( Essex )|
|Arrival station||Barry Island|
What shops are in Barry Island?
Shops near Barry Island
- Griffin Books. 9A Windsor Road, Penarth, CF64 1JB 5 miles.
- Toys R Us. Olympian Drive, Cardiff, CF11 0JS 6 miles.
- Sytner Mini Showroom. Hadfield Road, Cardiff, South Glamorgan, CF11 8AQ 6 miles.
- The Deck Coffee House and Cakery.
- Octavo’s Book Cafe and Wine Bar.
- Firestorm Games.
- Speaker Hire.
How much are the rides at Barry Island?
Rides & Attractions Entry to the park is FREE. Tokens can be purchased for the rides at the token booths. We have 3 new rides this 2019 season next to our classics and can’t wait for you to be thoroughly thrilled throughout, whatever your age!
Does Barry Island have a pier?
Entrance channel to Barry Docks, with the Lifeboat slipway to the left. Looking south east towards the Bristol Channel. Here you can see the full length of the breakwater and the rusting single rail track.