- 1 Is Cardiff Bay a good place to live?
- 2 What’s living in Cardiff like?
- 3 What is the best area to live in Cardiff?
- 4 Is Cardiff a expensive place to live?
- 5 Is Cardiff dangerous?
- 6 Is Cardiff a safe city?
- 7 What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
- 8 Is Cardiff a rough city?
- 9 Is Cardiff cheaper than London?
- 10 Where is the nicest place to live in Wales?
- 11 Is Cardiff a good place to buy property?
- 12 Is Bristol bigger than Cardiff?
- 13 Is Cardiff a cheap city?
- 14 Is Wales expensive to live in?
- 15 How much is the average rent in Cardiff?
Is Cardiff Bay a good place to live?
Cardiff is a vibrant and affordable place to live. Over the past 20 years Wales’ capital has transformed into a thriving city with some of the best cultural and recreational activities. If you’re considering relocating, Cardiff really should be top of your list as it’s one of the best places to live and work.
What’s living in Cardiff like?
People who live in Cardiff are considered friendly and welcoming, and there is a great community spirit in Cardiff with many neighbourhoods having a village feel rather than a city vibe. But if course with the bonus that should you so wish, the buzzing nightlife of Cardiff city centre is never that far away.
What is the best area to live in Cardiff?
We’ve rounded up 6 of the most desirable neighbourhoods to move to in Cardiff.
- Penylan. Penylan is located just six minutes east of the city centre by car.
- Pontcanna and Canton. Pontcanna and Canton are located about two miles west of the city centre.
Is Cardiff a expensive place to live?
Cardiff is 29.97% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Cardiff is, on average, 70.63% lower than in New York.
Is Cardiff dangerous?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
Is Cardiff a safe city?
Cardiff revealed as one of the UK’s 10 safest areas to live in, according to a new study. Feeling safe in the area that you live has a big part to play in your final decision to make somewhere your home.
What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
6 things students should know before coming to Cardiff
- Accommodation. If you are opting for private accommodation, do not book in advance from your home country.
- Food and grocery shopping. Eating healthy can keep you fit during you stay in Cardiff.
- Visit Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Castle.
- Enjoy the city centre.
- Choose your course wisely.
- Have funds to travel around Wales.
Is Cardiff a rough city?
Cardiff hardly ranks high on the list of dangerous -places-to-be-as-a-single-female. Its crime rate is a bit higher than the (Welsh) average for burglary/car crime etc..but that is because it is a city, and most of Wales is rural.
Is Cardiff cheaper than London?
You would need around 2,900.04£ in Cardiff to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 4,800.00£ in London (assuming you rent in both cities).
Where is the nicest place to live in Wales?
Usk, Monmouthshire has been named the best place to live in Wales. It is top of a list of 6 locations in the region chosen by The Sunday Times to represent the best of Britain in the annual Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide.
Is Cardiff a good place to buy property?
Cardiff is the affordable capital city for property investors! When it comes to property investment, capital cities can make a very sound investment – plenty of jobs and plenty of visitors all support strong demand for property. With prices from about £60,000, however, Cardiff offers affordable property investment.
Is Bristol bigger than Cardiff?
Bristol is bigger but there can be no argument – Cardiff is miles better! A quick web survey from Census and other Demograpic material reveals that Bristol is bigger.
Is Cardiff a cheap city?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
Is Wales expensive to live in?
Generally, the cost of living in Wales is much more affordable than living in a big city, however that depends on what area you move to. Cardiff is the most expensive place to live in Wales, although still comparably cheaper than other large cities in the UK.
How much is the average rent in Cardiff?
The average rent for an apartment in Cardiff by The Sea is $2,131, a 10% decrease compared to the previous year, when the average rent was $2,366.