- 1 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 2 What is the best area to live in Cardiff?
- 3 Is Cardiff a safe place to live?
- 4 Is Cardiff rough at night?
- 5 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 6 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 7 Is Cardiff expensive to live?
- 8 Is Cardiff a rich city?
- 9 Is Cardiff a nice city?
- 10 Is Cardiff a cheap place to live?
- 11 What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
- 12 What is the most dangerous city in the UK?
- 13 Is Grangetown Cardiff rough?
- 14 Is Splott Cardiff rough?
- 15 Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
What is the best area to live in Cardiff?
We’ve rounded up 6 of the most desirable neighbourhoods to move to in Cardiff.
- Penylan. Penylan is located just six minutes east of the city centre by car.
- Pontcanna and Canton. Pontcanna and Canton are located about two miles west of the city centre.
Is Cardiff a safe place to live?
While Liverpool came out on top overall, Cardiff is among the top ten, and Swansea has one of the lowest crime rates in the UK. Confused.com measured the security of 32 of the biggest cities in the UK, along with their relevant postcodes to work out where is the safest place to live.
Is Cardiff rough at night?
It’s only rough at night (and only Thursday, Friday and Saturday, really) because it has two chip shops, a kebab shop and some other things, so it’s basically where everyone goes at the end of the night, after they’ve had too much to drink, so the combination of aggressive drunks, small space and lots of people is not
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
Is Cardiff expensive to live?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
Is Cardiff a rich city?
Cardiff has been named one of the top 10 most affluent cities in Britain in new figures that have laid bare a phenomenal rise in the number of UK millionaires. The Welsh capital is ranked ahead of major English urban centres, including Manchester and Liverpool, in research by banking giant Barclays.
Is Cardiff a nice city?
Cardiff is a vibrant and affordable place to live. Over the past 20 years Wales’ capital has transformed into a thriving city with some of the best cultural and recreational activities. If you’re considering relocating, Cardiff really should be top of your list as it’s one of the best places to live and work.
Is Cardiff a cheap place to live?
It’s cheap. Well, compared to most cities and certainly most capital cities, the cost of living is certainly cheaper. Whether buying or renting a property you will be surprised at just how much home you get for your money. There is a whole section about the cost of living in Cardiff later in this guide.
What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
6 things students should know before coming to Cardiff
- Accommodation. If you are opting for private accommodation, do not book in advance from your home country.
- Food and grocery shopping. Eating healthy can keep you fit during you stay in Cardiff.
- Visit Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Castle.
- Enjoy the city centre.
- Choose your course wisely.
- Have funds to travel around Wales.
What is the most dangerous city in the UK?
Cleveland tops Britain’s blacklist and replaces West Yorkshire as the most dangerous region in the country, with sky-high rates of violent crime and criminal damage.
Is Grangetown Cardiff rough?
It’s a bit rough round the edges but there’s a few young professionals moving there because it’s cheap.
Is Splott Cardiff rough?
Splott is OK, it’s a little rough round the edges. The streets either side of Splott Road are OK (Ordell Street down to Florence Street and in between Moorland Road and Railway Street) although I’d avoid Moorland Road, it’s a busy main road and it can be a nightmare with traffic.
Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
Adamsdown isn’t that bad at all; I lived there for a couple of years and was fine. It’s like any area really – don’t take stupid risks and you’ll be ok. I lived in adamsdown for about a year straight out of uni. The local people are very chavvy and not at all friendly to outsiders.