What area is best to stay in Cardiff?
7 Best areas where to stay in Cardiff
- Cardiff City Centre, where to stay in Cardiff for first timers.
- Riverside, a historic inner-city multi-cultural suburb of Cardiff.
- Newtown – Atlantic Wharf, the best place to stay in Cardiff for families.
- Cardiff Bay, popular business and leisure area.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
Where can you stay in Cardiff?
Most booked places to stay in Cardiff this month
- ibis budget Cardiff Centre. Place to Stay in Cardiff.
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel & Spa. Place to Stay in Cardiff.
- Future Inn Cardiff Bay. Place to Stay in Cardiff.
- Park Plaza Cardiff. Place to Stay in Cardiff.
- voco St. David’s Cardiff, an IHG Hotel.
- Hilton Cardiff.
What is near Cardiff?
13 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Cardiff
- Cardiff Castle. Daffodil blooms in front of Cardiff Castle.
- The “City of Arcades” Glass-roofed shopping arcade in Cardiff.
- Cardiff Bay. Cardiff Bay at dusk.
- Wales Millennium Centre. Wales Millennium Centre.
- National Museum Cardiff. National Museum Cardiff.
- Principality Stadium. Principality Stadium.
- Llandaff Cathedral.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
What is the nearest English town to Cardiff?
Cities near Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Penarth, United Kingdom.
- Barry, United Kingdom.
- Pontypridd, United Kingdom.
- Newport, United Kingdom.
- Cwmbran, United Kingdom.
- Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom.
- Pontypool, United Kingdom.
- Clevedon, United Kingdom.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
Where can I go in Cardiff today?
Top Attractions in Cardiff
- St Fagans National Museum of History. 7,195. Speciality Museums.
- Principality Stadium. 4,021. Arenas & Stadiums.
- Cardiff Castle. 6,473. Castles.
- Cardiff Bay. 6,106. Piers & Boardwalks.
- National Museum Cardiff. 2,619.
- Roath Park. 1,053.
- Wales Millennium Centre. 2,675.
- Bute Park. 1,822.