- 1 What is the weather usually like in Cardiff?
- 2 How many days a year does it rain in Cardiff?
- 3 What part of the UK has the most sunshine?
- 4 Is Wales warmer than England?
- 5 Does Cardiff get snow?
- 6 How much sun does the UK get?
- 7 Where is the nicest place to live in Wales?
- 8 Where is the warmest place in Wales?
- 9 Where is the sunniest place in Wales?
- 10 Where is warmest place in UK?
- 11 Which UK city has the best weather?
- 12 Which is the richest county in England?
- 13 What food is Wales famous for?
- 14 What is the best month to visit Wales?
- 15 What is the warmest city in England?
What is the weather usually like in Cardiff?
In Cardiff, the summers are comfortable and partly cloudy and the winters are long, very cold, wet, windy, and mostly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 38°F to 69°F and is rarely below 29°F or above 78°F.
How many days a year does it rain in Cardiff?
With an average 149 days of rain per year, Cardiff is officially the wettest city in the UK.
What part of the UK has the most sunshine?
Where to go in the UK for the Most Hours of Sunshine
- Bognor Regis, 1902 Hours of Sunshine per year. Bognor Regis takes our top spot where the sun shines, on average, for more hours in a year than anywhere else in the country.
- Eastbourne, 1888 Hours of Sunshine.
- Hastings, 1871 Hours of Sunshine.
- Isle of Wight, 1860 Hours of Sunshine.
- Bristol, 1671 Hours of Sunshine.
Is Wales warmer than England?
Wales tends to be wetter than England, with slightly less sunshine. Temperatures in the coastal areas, however, can be very warm in summer ranging from 15°C (59°F) to rare highs of around 25°C (77°F).
Does Cardiff get snow?
When can you find snow in Cardiff? Weather stations report large amounts of snow likely to be deepest around October, especially close to early to mid October. The best time to ski (if at all) in Cardiff is often around around April 9th when fresh powder is deepest.
How much sun does the UK get?
The average annual number of daily sun hours in the UK has remained above 4 hours per day since 2001, but has not increased above 5. Daily sun hours were highest in 2003 at 4.9 hours per day. The following years saw sun hours remain at a similar level, until an increase to 4.7 hours in 2018.
Where is the nicest place to live in Wales?
Usk, Monmouthshire has been named the best place to live in Wales. It is top of a list of 6 locations in the region chosen by The Sunday Times to represent the best of Britain in the annual Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide.
Where is the warmest place in Wales?
In December Slough was named as the most desirable place in Britain for winter climate, boasting higher average temperatures over the season than anywhere else in the UK, as well as less rainfall, less frost and low winds.
Where is the sunniest place in Wales?
aberporth seaside village has been named the sunniest place in wales. Share This Page: Aberporth, in Ceredigion, clocked up 1,648 hours of sunshine in 2011, an average of four hours and 31 minutes each day.
Where is warmest place in UK?
Hottest place in the United Kingdom – Isles of Scilly. The Isles of Scilly rise in the Atlantic about 40 kilometres (25 miles) west of the tip of the Cornish peninsula. The ocean around Cornwall and Scilly has the warmest temperature of any water off the UK coast.
Which UK city has the best weather?
The best ranked area in the entire country for sunny weather is Chichester, a city well worth visiting in the summer months. Known for its picturesque countryside and sandy beaches (a rarity in the UK ), it’s one of the most consistent places for sunshine that you can bet on if not going abroad for holidays.
Which is the richest county in England?
Surrey is the richest county in the UK when it comes to property, according to a survey. Its homes have a total value of almost £288 billion, representing 5.1% of the UK’s £5.6 trillion overall property wealth.
What food is Wales famous for?
Don’t leave Wales without trying…
- Welsh rarebit. Providing etymologists with a headache for centuries – it was originally known as Welsh rabbit, though at no point was rabbit one of the ingredients.
- Glamorgan sausage.
- Bara brith.
- Lamb cawl.
- Conwy mussels.
What is the best month to visit Wales?
If you’re planning to lie on a beach, or camp in the dry, you’ll want to go in summer – between June and September – a period when you should book your accommodation as far in advance as possible. For reasonably good weather with less dense crowds go in April, May, September or October.
What is the warmest city in England?
The Warmest Places In Britain
|City||Max. Temp (°C)||Dry days (less 1mm of rain)|
|Newcastle Upon Tyne||12.1||256|