- 1 What can you do in Cardiff for one day?
- 2 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 3 Where can I go for a day trip in Wales?
- 4 How many days do you need in Cardiff?
- 5 Does Cardiff have a beach?
- 6 How much is the train from London to Cardiff?
- 7 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 8 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 9 Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
- 10 What is the prettiest part of Wales?
- 11 Is Cardiff worth a day trip from London?
- 12 What food is Wales famous for?
- 13 Is Cardiff Castle worth visiting?
- 14 Is Cardiff a fun city?
- 15 How much is a train from Cardiff to London?
What can you do in Cardiff for one day?
What to do in Cardiff in One day
- Free Walking Tour of Cardiff.
- Visit the Cardiff Castle.
- Stroll around the beautiful high street arcade.
- Enjoy the sunshine at Mermaid Quay.
- Have dinner at a beautiful restaurant by the sea.
- Food tour in Cardiff.
- Go for a scenic boat ride.
- Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
Where can I go for a day trip in Wales?
- Pembroke Castle & Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. Pembroke Castle.
- Carmarthen: Merlin’s Birthplace. St.
- Rhondda and Blaenavon: Celebrating Wales ‘ Industrial Heritage. Colliery Pit, Rhondda Heritage Park.
- Swansea and the Gower Peninsula.
- Into England: Bristol and the Cotswolds.
- Dyffryn Gardens.
- Barry Island.
How many days do you need in Cardiff?
I would say three days. We have spent most of one day just in Cardiff Bay, and there are other attractions to see outside of the city centre such as St Fagans Museum, Caerphilly Castle.
Does Cardiff have a beach?
There are many beaches in the Cardiff area including Penarth and St Mary’s Well Bay. Only a short drive away is the more famous Barry Island with its large sandy beach and family friendly amenities.
How much is the train from London to Cardiff?
There are normally 56 trains per day travelling from London Paddington to Cardiff Central and tickets for this journey start from £15 when you book in advance. London Paddington to Cardiff Central by train.
|Journey time||From 1h 42m|
|Distance||129 miles (208 km)|
|Frequency||56 trains per day|
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
Adamsdown isn’t that bad at all; I lived there for a couple of years and was fine. It’s like any area really – don’t take stupid risks and you’ll be ok. I lived in adamsdown for about a year straight out of uni. The local people are very chavvy and not at all friendly to outsiders.
What is the prettiest part of Wales?
The most beautiful places in Wales
- Llanbedrog beach.
- Pen y Fan.
- Henrhyd Falls.
- Brecon Beacons.
Is Cardiff worth a day trip from London?
As I said before, Cardiff does make a great day trip from London. There’s so much to do that you can easily pick and choose your favourites. However, depending on your interests, you might need to budget more than a day there.
What food is Wales famous for?
Don’t leave Wales without trying…
- Welsh rarebit. Providing etymologists with a headache for centuries – it was originally known as Welsh rabbit, though at no point was rabbit one of the ingredients.
- Glamorgan sausage.
- Bara brith.
- Lamb cawl.
- Conwy mussels.
Is Cardiff Castle worth visiting?
There’s so much history and detail that it’s worth taking a house tour. The expert guides have intimate knowledge of every nook and cranny, and you’ll get to visit 10 spectacular rooms.
Is Cardiff a fun city?
The Welsh capital is not only a lively and exciting place to live, but also plays host to the following, equally awesome things (which we believe no good capital city should be without): a castle, a music festival, loads of nightclubs and bars, a film festival, tonnes of shops and restaurants, and a cheese festival (
How much is a train from Cardiff to London?
Cardiff Central to London by train
|Journey time||From 1h 46m|
|Distance||131 miles (211 km)|
|Frequency||79 trains per day|
|Departure station||Cardiff Central|