- 1 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 2 What is there to do in Cardiff today?
- 3 Is Cardiff safe to visit?
- 4 What is there to do in lockdown Cardiff?
- 5 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 6 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 7 Is Cardiff expensive to live?
- 8 What food is Cardiff famous for?
- 9 What’s Cardiff famous for?
- 10 Is Cardiff a nice city?
- 11 Is Cardiff worth visiting?
- 12 Is Cardiff a rich city?
- 13 Is Cardiff Castle free?
- 14 Does Cardiff have a beach?
- 15 How far is it from London to Cardiff?
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
What is there to do in Cardiff today?
10 Fun Things To Do In Cardiff
- 1.) Visit Cardiff Castle.
- 2.) Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.
- 3.) See the Millennium Centre.
- 4.) Find Castell Coch.
- 5.) Walk the Taff Trail.
- 6.) Explore St Fagan’s.
- 7.) Cheer on at a rugby match.
- 8.) Try Your Hand At White Water Rafting.
Is Cardiff safe to visit?
Cardiff is a relatively safe city to visit, definitely safer than most major cities in the UK. This part of the city does house some of the most socially deprived families and families on low incomes so parts of the neighborhoods do face many of those challenges that plague social deprivation.
What is there to do in lockdown Cardiff?
Things To Do In Cardiff During Local Lockdown
- Go Rock Climbing At Boulders Indoor Climbing Centre.
- Make A Splash At Cardiff International White Water.
- Let Your Inner-Child Loose At A Trampoline Park.
- Eat Global, Stay Local At The Depot.
- Go Golfing Indoors At Treetop Adventure Golf.
- Hit The Lanes.
- Watch A Movie.
- Shop Local At Cardiff Market.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
Is Cardiff expensive to live?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
What food is Cardiff famous for?
Welsh Food: 5 Must-Try Dishes in Cardiff
- Some meaty cawl is the perfect cure for a hangover, cold, flu, who knows, maybe even Covid-19 © CC. Welsh Rarebit.
- You won’t find any meat in Welsh Rabbit © CC. Glamorgan Sausage.
- Welsh Food – Glamorgan Sausage © lavenderandlovage.com. Bara Brith/Welsh Cakes.
What’s Cardiff famous for?
It was officially recognized as the capital of Wales in 1955. Cardiff is the most important administrative, shopping, and cultural centre in the country, as well as the headquarters for many national organizations and government departments. Cardiff is the home of the devolved National Assembly for Wales.
Is Cardiff a nice city?
Cardiff is a vibrant and affordable place to live. Over the past 20 years Wales’ capital has transformed into a thriving city with some of the best cultural and recreational activities. If you’re considering relocating, Cardiff really should be top of your list as it’s one of the best places to live and work.
Is Cardiff worth visiting?
Cardiff is home to an abundance of historical houses and castles. Cardiff Castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Wales and for good reason. It houses over 2,000 years of history, from the Roman times to the present day.
Is Cardiff a rich city?
It’s the furthest north of our 6 neighbourhoods and is considered one of the wealthiest places to live in Wales with the average house price coming in at around £420,000.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
Does Cardiff have a beach?
There are many beaches in the Cardiff area including Penarth and St Mary’s Well Bay. Only a short drive away is the more famous Barry Island with its large sandy beach and family friendly amenities.
How far is it from London to Cardiff?
The distance between London and Cardiff is 132 miles.