- 1 What can you do in Cardiff for one day?
- 2 What attractions are open in Cardiff?
- 3 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 4 Where can I go when it rains in Cardiff?
- 5 Does Cardiff have a beach?
- 6 How much is the train from London to Cardiff?
- 7 Is Cardiff expensive?
- 8 Is Cardiff worth visiting?
- 9 Is Cardiff Castle free?
- 10 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 11 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 12 Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
- 13 What is there to do in Cardiff this weekend?
- 14 Where can I go on a rainy day in Wales?
- 15 What is there to do indoors in North Wales?
What can you do in Cardiff for one day?
What to do in Cardiff in One day
- Free Walking Tour of Cardiff.
- Visit the Cardiff Castle.
- Stroll around the beautiful high street arcade.
- Enjoy the sunshine at Mermaid Quay.
- Have dinner at a beautiful restaurant by the sea.
- Food tour in Cardiff.
- Go for a scenic boat ride.
- Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.
What attractions are open in Cardiff?
Family Friendly Attractions Open In Cardiff
- Cardiff International White Water is now open and taking bookings!
- The Welsh Mining Experience at Rhondda Heritage Park has reopened it’s doors.
- Mermaid Quay boats more than 30 restaurants, cafes, bars and more; a stunning waterfront location in the heart of Cardiff Bay.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
Where can I go when it rains in Cardiff?
Visit the Adventure Golf website for details.
- Jump around. Everyone loves to bounce around at a trampoline park – but there are so many activities available now.
- Hit the waves.
- Take a tour of the Principality Stadium.
- Spend an hour on the tracks.
- Go climbing.
- Embrace science.
- Learn about the capital.
- Visit the Castle Emporium.
Does Cardiff have a beach?
There are many beaches in the Cardiff area including Penarth and St Mary’s Well Bay. Only a short drive away is the more famous Barry Island with its large sandy beach and family friendly amenities.
How much is the train from London to Cardiff?
There are normally 56 trains per day travelling from London Paddington to Cardiff Central and tickets for this journey start from £15 when you book in advance. London Paddington to Cardiff Central by train.
|Journey time||From 1h 42m|
|Distance||129 miles (208 km)|
|Frequency||56 trains per day|
Is Cardiff expensive?
A single person estimated monthly costs are 924$ (655£) without rent. Cardiff is 29.97% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Cardiff is, on average, 70.63% lower than in New York.
Is Cardiff worth visiting?
Cardiff is home to an abundance of historical houses and castles. Cardiff Castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Wales and for good reason. It houses over 2,000 years of history, from the Roman times to the present day.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
Adamsdown isn’t that bad at all; I lived there for a couple of years and was fine. It’s like any area really – don’t take stupid risks and you’ll be ok. I lived in adamsdown for about a year straight out of uni. The local people are very chavvy and not at all friendly to outsiders.
What is there to do in Cardiff this weekend?
A weekend in Cardiff, Wales: A 48-hour itinerary
- Norwegian church in Cardiff Bay.
- The keep at Cardiff Castle.
- Chemistry meets ice cream at Science Cream.
- Inside the art galleries at the Cardiff Museum.
- The Senedd.
- Millennium Centre in Cardiff Bay.
- Roald Dahl Plass.
Where can I go on a rainy day in Wales?
Things to do in North Wales on a rainy day
- Zip World Caverns.
- Bounce Below.
- On-board buffet on the Ffestiniog Railway.
- Corris Craft Centre.
- King Arthur’s Labyrinth.
- National Slate Museum.
- Pili Palas Nature World.
- Penrhyn Castle.
What is there to do indoors in North Wales?
- The Bodnant Welsh Food Centre. A Culinary Delight
- Bounce Below. An underground adventure.
- Conwy Brewery. Quench your thirst at
- Plas Mawr. Conwy.
- Aberconwy House.
- Airworld Aviation Museum.
- Anglesey Sea Zoo.
- Beacon Climbing Centre.