- 1 What can you do in Cardiff for free?
- 2 What attractions are open in Cardiff?
- 3 How do I spend a day in Cardiff?
- 4 What on in Cardiff Bay this weekend?
- 5 Is Cardiff expensive?
- 6 Is Cardiff a top university?
- 7 Is Cardiff Castle free?
- 8 Is Cardiff a nice city?
- 9 Is Cardiff visitor open?
- 10 How safe is Cardiff?
- 11 Is Cardiff worth a day trip from London?
- 12 How many days should you spend in Cardiff?
- 13 What is near Cardiff?
- 14 Is there a beach in Cardiff Bay?
- 15 How far is Cardiff Bay from Cardiff City Centre?
What can you do in Cardiff for free?
FREE THINGS TO DO IN CARDIFF
- National Museum Cardiff. Housing Wales’s national art, natural history and geology collections, National Museum Cardiff should be on everyone’s Cardiff bucket list.
- St Fagans National Museum of History.
- Pierhead Building.
- Norwegian Church Arts Centre.
- The Senedd.
- Museum of Cardiff.
- Bute Park.
- Street Art.
What attractions are open in Cardiff?
Family Friendly Attractions Open In Cardiff
- Cardiff International White Water is now open and taking bookings!
- The Welsh Mining Experience at Rhondda Heritage Park has reopened it’s doors.
- Mermaid Quay boats more than 30 restaurants, cafes, bars and more; a stunning waterfront location in the heart of Cardiff Bay.
How do I spend a day in Cardiff?
What to do in Cardiff in One day
- Free Walking Tour of Cardiff.
- Visit the Cardiff Castle.
- Stroll around the beautiful high street arcade.
- Enjoy the sunshine at Mermaid Quay.
- Have dinner at a beautiful restaurant by the sea.
- Food tour in Cardiff.
- Go for a scenic boat ride.
- Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.
What on in Cardiff Bay this weekend?
Here are some of the best things the Bay has to offer, in no particular order.
- Doctor Who Experience. A must for any Doctor Who fan.
- Ianto’s Shrine.
- Wales Millennium Centre.
- Mermaid Quay.
- Glee Club.
- Wetlands reserve.
- Cardiff Bay Barrage.
Is Cardiff expensive?
A single person estimated monthly costs are 924$ (655£) without rent. Cardiff is 29.97% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Cardiff is, on average, 70.63% lower than in New York.
Is Cardiff a top university?
Cardiff University was ranked as one of the world’s top 154 Universities by the QS World University Rankings 2019/20. As a member of the Russell Group, Cardiff is one of Britain’s top 24 leading research universities. The University’s global community, reputation and partnerships are at the heart of its identity.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
Is Cardiff a nice city?
Cardiff is a vibrant and affordable place to live. Over the past 20 years Wales’ capital has transformed into a thriving city with some of the best cultural and recreational activities. If you’re considering relocating, Cardiff really should be top of your list as it’s one of the best places to live and work.
Is Cardiff visitor open?
WELCOME BACK TO CARDIFF Non essential retail, outdoor hospitality and attractions and self-contained accommodation are now open. Things may be looking up but we know we aren’t out of the woods just yet, so please help to keep Cardiff safe and remember to clean your hands, wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
How safe is Cardiff?
Crime in Cardiff Cardiff is a relatively safe city, especially compared with bigger cities in the UK. However, according to crime statistics from June 2019 – May 2020, violent crime made up 29% of all crimes in the area, with 33.2k crimes reported. This number has decreased 0.5% when compared to year-on-year figures.
Is Cardiff worth a day trip from London?
As I said before, Cardiff does make a great day trip from London. There’s so much to do that you can easily pick and choose your favourites. However, depending on your interests, you might need to budget more than a day there.
How many days should you spend in Cardiff?
Wales’ capital city is a wonderful place to visit, and although you would wishfully have more than 48 hours in Cardiff, there are plenty of activities you can cram into a small window. Here’s how to experience Cardiff and get a feel for its culture in just two days.
What is near Cardiff?
13 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Cardiff
- Cardiff Castle. Daffodil blooms in front of Cardiff Castle.
- The “City of Arcades” Glass-roofed shopping arcade in Cardiff.
- Cardiff Bay. Cardiff Bay at dusk.
- Wales Millennium Centre. Wales Millennium Centre.
- National Museum Cardiff. National Museum Cardiff.
- Principality Stadium. Principality Stadium.
- Llandaff Cathedral.
Is there a beach in Cardiff Bay?
Entry to the Cardiff Bay Beach is free, and there are chargeable facilities on site. The beach is located in Roald Dahl Plass on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay.
How far is Cardiff Bay from Cardiff City Centre?
Cardiff Central to Cardiff Bay by train
|Journey time||From 10m|
|Distance||1 miles (1 km)|
|Frequency||107 trains per day|
|Departure station||Cardiff Central|
|Arrival station||Cardiff Bay|