- 1 What can you do in Cardiff for one day?
- 2 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 3 How many days do you need in Cardiff?
- 4 Where can I go in Cardiff today?
- 5 Does Cardiff have a beach?
- 6 How much is train from London to Cardiff?
- 7 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 8 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 9 Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
- 10 Is Cardiff Castle worth visiting?
- 11 Is Cardiff a fun city?
- 12 Is Cardiff worth a day trip from London?
- 13 Is Cardiff expensive?
- 14 Is Cardiff Castle free?
- 15 What is the nearest English town to Cardiff?
What can you do in Cardiff for one day?
What to do in Cardiff in One day
- Free Walking Tour of Cardiff.
- Visit the Cardiff Castle.
- Stroll around the beautiful high street arcade.
- Enjoy the sunshine at Mermaid Quay.
- Have dinner at a beautiful restaurant by the sea.
- Food tour in Cardiff.
- Go for a scenic boat ride.
- Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
How many days do you need in Cardiff?
I would say three days. We have spent most of one day just in Cardiff Bay, and there are other attractions to see outside of the city centre such as St Fagans Museum, Caerphilly Castle.
Where can I go in Cardiff today?
Top Attractions in Cardiff
- St Fagans National Museum of History. 7,195. Speciality Museums.
- Principality Stadium. 4,021. Arenas & Stadiums.
- Cardiff Castle. 6,473. Castles.
- Cardiff Bay. 6,106. Piers & Boardwalks.
- National Museum Cardiff. 2,619.
- Roath Park. 1,053.
- Wales Millennium Centre. 2,675.
- Bute Park. 1,822.
Does Cardiff have a beach?
There are many beaches in the Cardiff area including Penarth and St Mary’s Well Bay. Only a short drive away is the more famous Barry Island with its large sandy beach and family friendly amenities.
How much is train from London to Cardiff?
There are normally 56 trains per day travelling from London Paddington to Cardiff Central and tickets for this journey start from £15 when you book in advance. London Paddington to Cardiff Central by train.
|Journey time||From 1h 42m|
|Distance||129 miles (208 km)|
|Frequency||56 trains per day|
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
Adamsdown isn’t that bad at all; I lived there for a couple of years and was fine. It’s like any area really – don’t take stupid risks and you’ll be ok. I lived in adamsdown for about a year straight out of uni. The local people are very chavvy and not at all friendly to outsiders.
Is Cardiff Castle worth visiting?
There’s so much history and detail that it’s worth taking a house tour. The expert guides have intimate knowledge of every nook and cranny, and you’ll get to visit 10 spectacular rooms.
Is Cardiff a fun city?
The Welsh capital is not only a lively and exciting place to live, but also plays host to the following, equally awesome things (which we believe no good capital city should be without): a castle, a music festival, loads of nightclubs and bars, a film festival, tonnes of shops and restaurants, and a cheese festival (
Is Cardiff worth a day trip from London?
As I said before, Cardiff does make a great day trip from London. There’s so much to do that you can easily pick and choose your favourites. However, depending on your interests, you might need to budget more than a day there.
Is Cardiff expensive?
A single person estimated monthly costs are 924$ (655£) without rent. Cardiff is 29.97% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Cardiff is, on average, 70.63% lower than in New York.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
What is the nearest English town to Cardiff?
Cities near Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Penarth, United Kingdom.
- Barry, United Kingdom.
- Pontypridd, United Kingdom.
- Newport, United Kingdom.
- Cwmbran, United Kingdom.
- Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom.
- Pontypool, United Kingdom.
- Clevedon, United Kingdom.