- 1 Where is the best place to stay in Cardiff?
- 2 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 3 What can you do in Cardiff for one day?
- 4 Where can I sleep in Cardiff?
- 5 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 6 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 7 Does Cardiff have a beach?
- 8 How much is train from London to Cardiff?
- 9 Where can I go for a day trip in Wales?
- 10 Who owns the Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff?
Where is the best place to stay in Cardiff?
7 Best areas where to stay in Cardiff
- Cardiff City Centre, where to stay in Cardiff for first timers.
- Riverside, a historic inner- city multi-cultural suburb of Cardiff.
- Newtown – Atlantic Wharf, the best place to stay in Cardiff for families.
- Cardiff Bay, popular business and leisure area.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
What can you do in Cardiff for one day?
What to do in Cardiff in One day
- Free Walking Tour of Cardiff.
- Visit the Cardiff Castle.
- Stroll around the beautiful high street arcade.
- Enjoy the sunshine at Mermaid Quay.
- Have dinner at a beautiful restaurant by the sea.
- Food tour in Cardiff.
- Go for a scenic boat ride.
- Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.
Where can I sleep in Cardiff?
Most booked places to stay in Cardiff this month
- ibis budget Cardiff Centre. Place to Stay in Cardiff.
- Hilton Cardiff. Place to Stay in Cardiff.
- Future Inn Cardiff Bay. Place to Stay in Cardiff.
- Mercure Cardiff Holland House Hotel & Spa. Place to Stay in Cardiff.
- voco St. David’s Cardiff, an IHG hotel.
- Park Plaza Cardiff.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
Does Cardiff have a beach?
There are many beaches in the Cardiff area including Penarth and St Mary’s Well Bay. Only a short drive away is the more famous Barry Island with its large sandy beach and family friendly amenities.
How much is train from London to Cardiff?
There are normally 56 trains per day travelling from London Paddington to Cardiff Central and tickets for this journey start from £15 when you book in advance. London Paddington to Cardiff Central by train.
|Journey time||From 1h 42m|
|Distance||129 miles (208 km)|
|Frequency||56 trains per day|
Where can I go for a day trip in Wales?
- Pembroke Castle & Pembrokeshire Coast National Park. Pembroke Castle.
- Carmarthen: Merlin’s Birthplace. St.
- Rhondda and Blaenavon: Celebrating Wales ‘ Industrial Heritage. Colliery Pit, Rhondda Heritage Park.
- Swansea and the Gower Peninsula.
- Into England: Bristol and the Cotswolds.
- Dyffryn Gardens.
- Barry Island.
Who owns the Big Sleep Hotel Cardiff?
The Big Sleep Hotel in Cardiff has been acquired by a Asian firms Compass Hospitality and Seacare Hospitality. The 81-room venue is one of three hotels including Big Sleep sites in Cheltenham and Eastbourne acquired in the deal.