- 1 What on in Cardiff Bay this weekend?
- 2 What is Cardiff Bay used for now?
- 3 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 4 What restaurants are in Cardiff Bay?
- 5 What is near Cardiff?
- 6 Whats down Cardiff Bay?
- 7 Can you swim in Cardiff Bay?
- 8 Why did Cardiff Bay need improving?
- 9 Is Cardiff Bay fresh water?
- 10 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 11 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 12 Is Cardiff a nice place to live?
- 13 What restaurants are open down Cardiff Bay?
What on in Cardiff Bay this weekend?
Here are some of the best things the Bay has to offer, in no particular order.
- Doctor Who Experience. A must for any Doctor Who fan.
- Ianto’s Shrine.
- Wales Millennium Centre.
- Mermaid Quay.
- Glee Club.
- Wetlands reserve.
- Cardiff Bay Barrage.
What is Cardiff Bay used for now?
Cardiff Bay is home to a number of attractions such as Techniquest Science Discovery Centre ideal for all the family, Craft in the Bay, The Welsh Assembly at the Pierhead, Butetown History and Arts Centre, the Norwegian Church Arts Centre and the Wales Millennium Centre, a stunning international arts centre.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
What restaurants are in Cardiff Bay?
The 8 Best Restaurants in Cardiff Bay
- Côte Cardiff Bay. Côte is crazy popular for good reason.
- Culley’s at The Exchange Hotel. The Exchange Hotel is laced with Cardiff Bay history and its basement is where you’ll find Culley’s.
- Bara Menyn.
- Duchess of Delhi.
- Fabulous Welshcakes.
- Yakitori #1.
- The Dock Bar & Kitchen.
What is near Cardiff?
13 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Cardiff
- Cardiff Castle. Daffodil blooms in front of Cardiff Castle.
- The “City of Arcades” Glass-roofed shopping arcade in Cardiff.
- Cardiff Bay. Cardiff Bay at dusk.
- Wales Millennium Centre. Wales Millennium Centre.
- National Museum Cardiff. National Museum Cardiff.
- Principality Stadium. Principality Stadium.
- Llandaff Cathedral.
Whats down Cardiff Bay?
- St Fagans National Museum of History.
- Principality Stadium.
- Cardiff Castle.
- Cardiff Bay.
- National Museum Cardiff.
- Roath Park.
- Wales Millennium Centre.
- Bute Park.
Can you swim in Cardiff Bay?
Whilst the Bay may appear an inviting place to swim, entering the water can have deadly consequences and swimming is prohibited for your own safety.
Why did Cardiff Bay need improving?
Part of the British government’s Urban Development Programme – to regenerate deprived areas of inner cities – its aim was to “put Cardiff on the international map” and boost the image and economic wellbeing of the area. reunite the city centre with its waterfront. build a mixed development to create jobs.
Is Cardiff Bay fresh water?
Cardiff Bay (Welsh: Bae Caerdydd) is the area of water created by the Cardiff Barrage in south Cardiff, the capital of Wales. Cardiff Bay is supplied by two rivers (Taff and Ely) to form a 500-acre (2.0 km2) freshwater lake around the former dockland area south of the city centre.
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Cardiff a nice place to live?
Cardiff is a vibrant and affordable place to live. Over the past 20 years Wales’ capital has transformed into a thriving city with some of the best cultural and recreational activities. If you’re considering relocating, Cardiff really should be top of your list as it’s one of the best places to live and work.
What restaurants are open down Cardiff Bay?
Eat, Drink, Relax
- Bayside Brasserie.
- By The Sea.
- Gin & Bake.
- The Cosy Club.
- The Dock.