- 1 What attractions are open in Cardiff?
- 2 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 3 What can you do on a rainy day in Cardiff?
- 4 How many days do you need in Cardiff?
- 5 Is Cardiff expensive?
- 6 Is Cardiff Castle free?
- 7 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 8 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 9 Is Grangetown Cardiff rough?
- 10 Where can I go on a rainy day in Wales?
- 11 What is there to do indoors in North Wales?
- 12 What to do in South Wales when it’s raining?
- 13 Is Cardiff Castle worth visiting?
- 14 Is Cardiff a fun city?
- 15 How do I spend a day in Cardiff?
What attractions are open in Cardiff?
Family Friendly Attractions Open In Cardiff
- Cardiff International White Water is now open and taking bookings!
- The Welsh Mining Experience at Rhondda Heritage Park has reopened it’s doors.
- Mermaid Quay boats more than 30 restaurants, cafes, bars and more; a stunning waterfront location in the heart of Cardiff Bay.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
What can you do on a rainy day in Cardiff?
Visit the Adventure Golf website for details.
- Jump around. Everyone loves to bounce around at a trampoline park – but there are so many activities available now.
- Hit the waves.
- Take a tour of the Principality Stadium.
- Spend an hour on the tracks.
- Go climbing.
- Embrace science.
- Learn about the capital.
- Visit the Castle Emporium.
How many days do you need in Cardiff?
Three days would be preferable. You could spend a full day split between Cardiff Castle and the National Museum of Wales if you really took your time, and that would give you a good introduction.
Is Cardiff expensive?
A single person estimated monthly costs are 924$ (655£) without rent. Cardiff is 29.97% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Cardiff is, on average, 70.63% lower than in New York.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
Is Grangetown Cardiff rough?
It’s a bit rough round the edges but there’s a few young professionals moving there because it’s cheap.
Where can I go on a rainy day in Wales?
Things to do in North Wales on a rainy day
- Zip World Caverns.
- Bounce Below.
- On-board buffet on the Ffestiniog Railway.
- Corris Craft Centre.
- King Arthur’s Labyrinth.
- National Slate Museum.
- Pili Palas Nature World.
- Penrhyn Castle.
What is there to do indoors in North Wales?
- The Bodnant Welsh Food Centre. A Culinary Delight
- Bounce Below. An underground adventure.
- Conwy Brewery. Quench your thirst at
- Plas Mawr. Conwy.
- Aberconwy House.
- Airworld Aviation Museum.
- Anglesey Sea Zoo.
- Beacon Climbing Centre.
What to do in South Wales when it’s raining?
- Visit Cardiff’s Welsh cultural centre.
- Enjoy the Royal Mint Experience.
- Get smart and have fun at Techniquest.
- Visit the National Museum Cardiff.
- Race against the clock at Escape Rooms Cardiff.
- Go behind the scenes at the Principality Stadium.
- Step inside Castell Coch.
- Explore Cardiff Castle.
Is Cardiff Castle worth visiting?
There’s so much history and detail that it’s worth taking a house tour. The expert guides have intimate knowledge of every nook and cranny, and you’ll get to visit 10 spectacular rooms.
Is Cardiff a fun city?
The Welsh capital is not only a lively and exciting place to live, but also plays host to the following, equally awesome things (which we believe no good capital city should be without): a castle, a music festival, loads of nightclubs and bars, a film festival, tonnes of shops and restaurants, and a cheese festival (
How do I spend a day in Cardiff?
What to do in Cardiff in One day
- Free Walking Tour of Cardiff.
- Visit the Cardiff Castle.
- Stroll around the beautiful high street arcade.
- Enjoy the sunshine at Mermaid Quay.
- Have dinner at a beautiful restaurant by the sea.
- Food tour in Cardiff.
- Go for a scenic boat ride.
- Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.