- 1 Is Cardiff a good place to live?
- 2 Is Cardiff a expensive place to live?
- 3 Is Cardiff a safe city?
- 4 Is Cardiff a good place to buy property?
- 5 What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
- 6 Is Cardiff dangerous?
- 7 Is Cardiff a cheap city?
- 8 Is Cardiff cheaper than London?
- 9 Is Wales expensive to live in?
- 10 Is Cardiff a rough city?
- 11 Is there a red light district in Cardiff?
- 12 What is the most dangerous city in the UK?
- 13 Is Canton Cardiff a nice area?
- 14 What are the suburbs of Cardiff?
- 15 Where can I buy let in UK?
Is Cardiff a good place to live?
Affordable housing, excellent retail and leisure facilities and outstanding schools are just some of the reasons why Cardiff is a popular place to live.
Is Cardiff a expensive place to live?
Cardiff is 29.97% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Cardiff is, on average, 70.63% lower than in New York.
Is Cardiff a safe city?
Crime in Cardiff Cardiff is a relatively safe city, especially compared with bigger cities in the UK. However, according to crime statistics from June 2019 – May 2020, violent crime made up 29% of all crimes in the area, with 33.2k crimes reported. This number has decreased 0.5% when compared to year-on-year figures.
Is Cardiff a good place to buy property?
Cardiff is the affordable capital city for property investors! When it comes to property investment, capital cities can make a very sound investment – plenty of jobs and plenty of visitors all support strong demand for property. With prices from about £60,000, however, Cardiff offers affordable property investment.
What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
6 things students should know before coming to Cardiff
- Accommodation. If you are opting for private accommodation, do not book in advance from your home country.
- Food and grocery shopping. Eating healthy can keep you fit during you stay in Cardiff.
- Visit Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Castle.
- Enjoy the city centre.
- Choose your course wisely.
- Have funds to travel around Wales.
Is Cardiff dangerous?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
Is Cardiff a cheap city?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
Is Cardiff cheaper than London?
You would need around 2,900.04£ in Cardiff to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 4,800.00£ in London (assuming you rent in both cities).
Is Wales expensive to live in?
Generally, the cost of living in Wales is much more affordable than living in a big city, however that depends on what area you move to. Cardiff is the most expensive place to live in Wales, although still comparably cheaper than other large cities in the UK.
Is Cardiff a rough city?
Cardiff hardly ranks high on the list of dangerous -places-to-be-as-a-single-female. Its crime rate is a bit higher than the (Welsh) average for burglary/car crime etc..but that is because it is a city, and most of Wales is rural.
Is there a red light district in Cardiff?
After the two streets were wiped from the map, the red light district in Cardiff shifted to the docks. But alongside it’s industry, it also had a notorious reputation for its red – light district, illegal gambling dens, rowdy pubs and opium bars.
What is the most dangerous city in the UK?
Cleveland tops Britain’s blacklist and replaces West Yorkshire as the most dangerous region in the country, with sky-high rates of violent crime and criminal damage.
Is Canton Cardiff a nice area?
Canton is an extremely vibrant and multicultural area of Cardiff. With links to the city center being easily accessible, Canton is a prime location for residents who want to engage with the hustle and bustle of the Welsh capital yet also desire a bit of peace and quiet every now and again.
What are the suburbs of Cardiff?
Moving to Cardiff? Here are 6 of the city’s nicest neighbourhoods.
- Penylan. Penylan is located just six minutes east of the city centre by car.
- Pontcanna and Canton. Pontcanna and Canton are located about two miles west of the city centre.
- Cyncoed. Cyncoed can be found ten minutes northeast of Cardiff’s city centre.
Where can I buy let in UK?
Landlords looking for the UK’s best buy-to-let areas in 2021 should consider Manchester, but areas in the South East dominate the top 10. Here are the top 10 areas for buy-to-let: