- 1 Is Cardiff a busy city?
- 2 What is there to do in Cardiff today?
- 3 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 4 Is Cardiff a nice place to live?
- 5 Is Cardiff posh?
- 6 Is Cardiff a rich city?
- 7 Is Cardiff expensive to live?
- 8 What food is Cardiff famous for?
- 9 Is Cardiff Castle free?
- 10 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 11 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 12 How safe is Cathays Cardiff?
- 13 Is Cardiff a cheap place to live?
- 14 What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
- 15 Is Cardiff cheaper than London?
Is Cardiff a busy city?
With the Millennium Centre welcoming more than a million people every year and two national theatres of Wales based in Cardiff the city seems to be just as popular with residents as with the millions of tourists who visit every year.
What is there to do in Cardiff today?
10 Fun Things To Do In Cardiff
- 1.) Visit Cardiff Castle.
- 2.) Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.
- 3.) See the Millennium Centre.
- 4.) Find Castell Coch.
- 5.) Walk the Taff Trail.
- 6.) Explore St Fagan’s.
- 7.) Cheer on at a rugby match.
- 8.) Try Your Hand At White Water Rafting.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
Is Cardiff a nice place to live?
Cardiff is a vibrant and affordable place to live. Over the past 20 years Wales’ capital has transformed into a thriving city with some of the best cultural and recreational activities. If you’re considering relocating, Cardiff really should be top of your list as it’s one of the best places to live and work.
Is Cardiff posh?
The district is known to be affluent with some of the highest property prices in Wales. Located up the hill from Roath Park, it has beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. The area has a number of spots to eat out including Three Arches, The Discovery, and Juboraj Lakeside.
Is Cardiff a rich city?
Cardiff has been named one of the top 10 most affluent cities in Britain in new figures that have laid bare a phenomenal rise in the number of UK millionaires. The Welsh capital is ranked ahead of major English urban centres, including Manchester and Liverpool, in research by banking giant Barclays.
Is Cardiff expensive to live?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
What food is Cardiff famous for?
Welsh Food: 5 Must-Try Dishes in Cardiff
- Some meaty cawl is the perfect cure for a hangover, cold, flu, who knows, maybe even Covid-19 © CC. Welsh Rarebit.
- You won’t find any meat in Welsh Rabbit © CC. Glamorgan Sausage.
- Welsh Food – Glamorgan Sausage © lavenderandlovage.com. Bara Brith/Welsh Cakes.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
How safe is Cathays Cardiff?
Cathays, the area which covers the whole city centre, had the most offences with 733 crimes. The most frequently reported offence there was shoplifting, with 162 offences in the month.
Is Cardiff a cheap place to live?
It’s cheap. Well, compared to most cities and certainly most capital cities, the cost of living is certainly cheaper. Whether buying or renting a property you will be surprised at just how much home you get for your money. There is a whole section about the cost of living in Cardiff later in this guide.
What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
6 things students should know before coming to Cardiff
- Accommodation. If you are opting for private accommodation, do not book in advance from your home country.
- Food and grocery shopping. Eating healthy can keep you fit during you stay in Cardiff.
- Visit Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Castle.
- Enjoy the city centre.
- Choose your course wisely.
- Have funds to travel around Wales.
Is Cardiff cheaper than London?
You would need around 2,900.04£ in Cardiff to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 4,800.00£ in London (assuming you rent in both cities).