- 1 What is there to do in Cardiff today?
- 2 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 3 What on in Cardiff Bay this weekend?
- 4 What is there to do in lockdown Cardiff?
- 5 Is Cardiff expensive to live?
- 6 What food is Cardiff famous for?
- 7 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 8 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 9 Is Cardiff a nice place to live?
- 10 What is near Cardiff?
- 11 Can you swim in Cardiff Bay?
- 12 Is there a beach in Cardiff Bay?
- 13 Is Cardiff worth visiting?
- 14 Is Cardiff Castle free?
- 15 How far is it from London to Cardiff?
What is there to do in Cardiff today?
10 Fun Things To Do In Cardiff
- 1.) Visit Cardiff Castle.
- 2.) Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.
- 3.) See the Millennium Centre.
- 4.) Find Castell Coch.
- 5.) Walk the Taff Trail.
- 6.) Explore St Fagan’s.
- 7.) Cheer on at a rugby match.
- 8.) Try Your Hand At White Water Rafting.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
What on in Cardiff Bay this weekend?
Here are some of the best things the Bay has to offer, in no particular order.
- Doctor Who Experience. A must for any Doctor Who fan.
- Ianto’s Shrine.
- Wales Millennium Centre.
- Mermaid Quay.
- Glee Club.
- Wetlands reserve.
- Cardiff Bay Barrage.
What is there to do in lockdown Cardiff?
Things To Do In Cardiff During Local Lockdown
- Go Rock Climbing At Boulders Indoor Climbing Centre.
- Make A Splash At Cardiff International White Water.
- Let Your Inner-Child Loose At A Trampoline Park.
- Eat Global, Stay Local At The Depot.
- Go Golfing Indoors At Treetop Adventure Golf.
- Hit The Lanes.
- Watch A Movie.
- Shop Local At Cardiff Market.
Is Cardiff expensive to live?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
What food is Cardiff famous for?
Welsh Food: 5 Must-Try Dishes in Cardiff
- Some meaty cawl is the perfect cure for a hangover, cold, flu, who knows, maybe even Covid-19 © CC. Welsh Rarebit.
- You won’t find any meat in Welsh Rabbit © CC. Glamorgan Sausage.
- Welsh Food – Glamorgan Sausage © lavenderandlovage.com. Bara Brith/Welsh Cakes.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
Is Cardiff a nice place to live?
Cardiff is a vibrant and affordable place to live. Over the past 20 years Wales’ capital has transformed into a thriving city with some of the best cultural and recreational activities. If you’re considering relocating, Cardiff really should be top of your list as it’s one of the best places to live and work.
What is near Cardiff?
13 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in Cardiff
- Cardiff Castle. Daffodil blooms in front of Cardiff Castle.
- The “City of Arcades” Glass-roofed shopping arcade in Cardiff.
- Cardiff Bay. Cardiff Bay at dusk.
- Wales Millennium Centre. Wales Millennium Centre.
- National Museum Cardiff. National Museum Cardiff.
- Principality Stadium. Principality Stadium.
- Llandaff Cathedral.
Can you swim in Cardiff Bay?
Whilst the Bay may appear an inviting place to swim, entering the water can have deadly consequences and swimming is prohibited for your own safety.
Is there a beach in Cardiff Bay?
Entry to the Cardiff Bay Beach is free, and there are chargeable facilities on site. The beach is located in Roald Dahl Plass on the waterfront of Cardiff Bay.
Is Cardiff worth visiting?
Cardiff is home to an abundance of historical houses and castles. Cardiff Castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Wales and for good reason. It houses over 2,000 years of history, from the Roman times to the present day.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
How far is it from London to Cardiff?
The distance between London and Cardiff is 132 miles.