- 1 Where can I go in Cardiff today?
- 2 What attractions are open in Cardiff?
- 3 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 4 Who is the most famous person in Cardiff?
- 5 Is Cardiff expensive?
- 6 Is Cardiff a nice city?
- 7 Is Cardiff visitor open?
- 8 Is Cardiff Castle free?
- 9 Is Cardiff worth visiting?
- 10 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 11 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 12 How safe is Cathays Cardiff?
- 13 What celebrities live in Cardiff?
- 14 What is the national drink of Wales?
- 15 What is Cardiff famous?
Where can I go in Cardiff today?
Top Attractions in Cardiff
- St Fagans National Museum of History. 7,195. Speciality Museums.
- Principality Stadium. 4,021. Arenas & Stadiums.
- Cardiff Castle. 6,473. Castles.
- Cardiff Bay. 6,106. Piers & Boardwalks.
- National Museum Cardiff. 2,619.
- Roath Park. 1,053.
- Wales Millennium Centre. 2,675.
- Bute Park. 1,822.
What attractions are open in Cardiff?
Family Friendly Attractions Open In Cardiff
- Cardiff International White Water is now open and taking bookings!
- The Welsh Mining Experience at Rhondda Heritage Park has reopened it’s doors.
- Mermaid Quay boats more than 30 restaurants, cafes, bars and more; a stunning waterfront location in the heart of Cardiff Bay.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
Who is the most famous person in Cardiff?
Caerdydd Welsh pronunciation: [kairˈdiːð, kaˑɨrˈdɨːð]) is the capital and largest city of Wales. Many notable people were born in Cardiff or share a strong association with the city, ranging from historical figures such as Henry Morgan to more recent figures such as Roald Dahl, Ken Follett and Griff Rhys Jones.
Is Cardiff expensive?
A single person estimated monthly costs are 924$ (655£) without rent. Cardiff is 29.97% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Cardiff is, on average, 70.63% lower than in New York.
Is Cardiff a nice city?
Cardiff is a vibrant and affordable place to live. Over the past 20 years Wales’ capital has transformed into a thriving city with some of the best cultural and recreational activities. If you’re considering relocating, Cardiff really should be top of your list as it’s one of the best places to live and work.
Is Cardiff visitor open?
WELCOME BACK TO CARDIFF Non essential retail, outdoor hospitality and attractions and self-contained accommodation are now open. Things may be looking up but we know we aren’t out of the woods just yet, so please help to keep Cardiff safe and remember to clean your hands, wear a mask and maintain social distancing.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
Is Cardiff worth visiting?
Cardiff is home to an abundance of historical houses and castles. Cardiff Castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Wales and for good reason. It houses over 2,000 years of history, from the Roman times to the present day.
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
How safe is Cathays Cardiff?
Cathays, the area which covers the whole city centre, had the most offences with 733 crimes. The most frequently reported offence there was shoplifting, with 162 offences in the month.
What celebrities live in Cardiff?
Cardiff has produced a number of well-known poets, football players, coaches, actresses, vloggers and several other personalities from other spheres. Our list of famous people from Cardiff includes Roald Dahl, Gareth Bale, Ryan Giggs, Charlotte Church, ClickForTaz, and many others.
What is the national drink of Wales?
Scotland: Scotch whisky, particularly Single malt whisky is considered the national drink of Scotland. Wales: Welsh whisky.
What is Cardiff famous?
It was officially recognized as the capital of Wales in 1955. Cardiff is the most important administrative, shopping, and cultural centre in the country, as well as the headquarters for many national organizations and government departments. Cardiff is the home of the devolved National Assembly for Wales.