- 1 What can you do in Cardiff for one day?
- 2 What attractions are open in Cardiff?
- 3 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 4 How many days do you need in Cardiff?
- 5 Does Cardiff have a beach?
- 6 How much is train from London to Cardiff?
- 7 Is Cardiff worth visiting?
- 8 Is Cardiff expensive?
- 9 Is Cardiff Castle free?
- 10 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 11 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 12 Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
- 13 Is Cardiff a fun city?
- 14 Is Cardiff worth a day trip from London?
- 15 How much is a train from Cardiff to London?
What can you do in Cardiff for one day?
What to do in Cardiff in One day
- Free Walking Tour of Cardiff.
- Visit the Cardiff Castle.
- Stroll around the beautiful high street arcade.
- Enjoy the sunshine at Mermaid Quay.
- Have dinner at a beautiful restaurant by the sea.
- Food tour in Cardiff.
- Go for a scenic boat ride.
- Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.
What attractions are open in Cardiff?
Family Friendly Attractions Open In Cardiff
- Cardiff International White Water is now open and taking bookings!
- The Welsh Mining Experience at Rhondda Heritage Park has reopened it’s doors.
- Mermaid Quay boats more than 30 restaurants, cafes, bars and more; a stunning waterfront location in the heart of Cardiff Bay.
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
How many days do you need in Cardiff?
I would say three days. We have spent most of one day just in Cardiff Bay, and there are other attractions to see outside of the city centre such as St Fagans Museum, Caerphilly Castle.
Does Cardiff have a beach?
There are many beaches in the Cardiff area including Penarth and St Mary’s Well Bay. Only a short drive away is the more famous Barry Island with its large sandy beach and family friendly amenities.
How much is train from London to Cardiff?
There are normally 56 trains per day travelling from London Paddington to Cardiff Central and tickets for this journey start from £15 when you book in advance. London Paddington to Cardiff Central by train.
|Journey time||From 1h 42m|
|Distance||129 miles (208 km)|
|Frequency||56 trains per day|
Is Cardiff worth visiting?
Cardiff is home to an abundance of historical houses and castles. Cardiff Castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Wales and for good reason. It houses over 2,000 years of history, from the Roman times to the present day.
Is Cardiff expensive?
A single person estimated monthly costs are 924$ (655£) without rent. Cardiff is 29.97% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Cardiff is, on average, 70.63% lower than in New York.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
Adamsdown isn’t that bad at all; I lived there for a couple of years and was fine. It’s like any area really – don’t take stupid risks and you’ll be ok. I lived in adamsdown for about a year straight out of uni. The local people are very chavvy and not at all friendly to outsiders.
Is Cardiff a fun city?
The Welsh capital is not only a lively and exciting place to live, but also plays host to the following, equally awesome things (which we believe no good capital city should be without): a castle, a music festival, loads of nightclubs and bars, a film festival, tonnes of shops and restaurants, and a cheese festival (
Is Cardiff worth a day trip from London?
As I said before, Cardiff does make a great day trip from London. There’s so much to do that you can easily pick and choose your favourites. However, depending on your interests, you might need to budget more than a day there.
How much is a train from Cardiff to London?
Cardiff Central to London by train
|Journey time||From 1h 46m|
|Distance||131 miles (211 km)|
|Frequency||79 trains per day|
|Departure station||Cardiff Central|