- 1 What towns are near Cardiff?
- 2 Where is the nicest place to live in Wales?
- 3 Is Cardiff a safe place to live?
- 4 Where is the cheapest place to live in Wales?
- 5 What is the nearest English town to Cardiff?
- 6 Which city is closer to Wales?
- 7 Is it cheaper to live in Wales than England?
- 8 Where is the sunniest place in Wales?
- 9 Where should I not live in Pembrokeshire?
- 10 What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
- 11 Is Cardiff expensive to live?
- 12 Is Cardiff a cheap place to live?
- 13 Are house prices dropping in Wales?
- 14 Where is the warmest place in Wales?
- 15 Where is the cheapest place to live in the countryside UK?
What towns are near Cardiff?
The Cardiff Urban Area covers a slightly larger area outside of the county boundary, and includes the towns of Dinas Powys, Penarth and Radyr.
Where is the nicest place to live in Wales?
Usk, Monmouthshire has been named the best place to live in Wales. It is top of a list of 6 locations in the region chosen by The Sunday Times to represent the best of Britain in the annual Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide.
Is Cardiff a safe place to live?
While Liverpool came out on top overall, Cardiff is among the top ten, and Swansea has one of the lowest crime rates in the UK. Confused.com measured the security of 32 of the biggest cities in the UK, along with their relevant postcodes to work out where is the safest place to live.
Where is the cheapest place to live in Wales?
Ferndale in Rhondda Cynon Taff was found to be the most affordable town in Wales with properties costing £87,000. If you’re looking to get the most out of your money when buying a home, then these are the areas to consider.
What is the nearest English town to Cardiff?
Cities near Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Penarth, United Kingdom.
- Barry, United Kingdom.
- Pontypridd, United Kingdom.
- Newport, United Kingdom.
- Cwmbran, United Kingdom.
- Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom.
- Pontypool, United Kingdom.
- Clevedon, United Kingdom.
Which city is closer to Wales?
List of Cities near Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
|Major Cities Close to Cardiff|
|Bristol||40.8 km / 25.4 miles|
|Finistere||362.8 km / 225.4 miles|
|Ille-et-Vilaine||380.2 km / 236.2 miles|
|Rennes||389.5 km / 242 miles|
Is it cheaper to live in Wales than England?
It’s cheaper to live and work in Wales, with a much lower average cost of living compared to England. 26% of Wales is classed as a National Park or Area of Outstanding Beauty so you will have plenty to see and do right on your doorstep!
Where is the sunniest place in Wales?
aberporth seaside village has been named the sunniest place in wales. Share This Page: Aberporth, in Ceredigion, clocked up 1,648 hours of sunshine in 2011, an average of four hours and 31 minutes each day.
Where should I not live in Pembrokeshire?
Worst places to live in Pembrokeshire
- Albert Town, Haverfordwest. (133 crimes in Mar 2021)
- Waterloo, Pembroke Dock. (126 crimes in Mar 2021)
- Pembroke Ferry, Pembroke Dock. (123 crimes in Mar 2021)
- Aberdaughleddau (Milford Haven), Milford Haven. (91 crimes in Mar 2021)
- Milford Haven.
- Pembroke Dock (Doc Penfro), Pennar.
- Pill, Rhoscrowther.
- Hakin, Liddeston.
What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
6 things students should know before coming to Cardiff
- Accommodation. If you are opting for private accommodation, do not book in advance from your home country.
- Food and grocery shopping. Eating healthy can keep you fit during you stay in Cardiff.
- Visit Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Castle.
- Enjoy the city centre.
- Choose your course wisely.
- Have funds to travel around Wales.
Is Cardiff expensive to live?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
Is Cardiff a cheap place to live?
It’s cheap. Well, compared to most cities and certainly most capital cities, the cost of living is certainly cheaper. Whether buying or renting a property you will be surprised at just how much home you get for your money. There is a whole section about the cost of living in Cardiff later in this guide.
Are house prices dropping in Wales?
The average house price in Wales has gone over £200,000 for the first time, the country’s biggest building society has said. Eighteen of the 22 council areas in Wales saw record prices in the last three months of 2020. But sales were down 21% over that period compared with the previous year.
Where is the warmest place in Wales?
In December Slough was named as the most desirable place in Britain for winter climate, boasting higher average temperatures over the season than anywhere else in the UK, as well as less rainfall, less frost and low winds.
Where is the cheapest place to live in the countryside UK?
County Durham in North East England is the most affordable rural area to buy a home in the UK, with the average property price coming in at just £109,980.