- 1 What’s it like living in Cardiff?
- 2 Is Cardiff a safe place to live?
- 3 Why is Cardiff a good place to live?
- 4 Is Cardiff expensive to live?
- 5 What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
- 6 Is Cardiff dangerous?
- 7 What is the most dangerous city in the UK?
- 8 Is Cardiff a rough city?
- 9 What is the best area to live in Cardiff?
- 10 Is Cardiff cheaper than London?
- 11 Is Wales expensive to live?
- 12 Where is the nicest place to live in Wales?
- 13 Is Cardiff a good place to live for students?
- 14 How much do you need to live in Cardiff?
What’s it like living in Cardiff?
People who live in Cardiff are considered friendly and welcoming, and there is a great community spirit in Cardiff with many neighbourhoods having a village feel rather than a city vibe. But if course with the bonus that should you so wish, the buzzing nightlife of Cardiff city centre is never that far away.
Is Cardiff a safe place to live?
While Liverpool came out on top overall, Cardiff is among the top ten, and Swansea has one of the lowest crime rates in the UK. Confused.com measured the security of 32 of the biggest cities in the UK, along with their relevant postcodes to work out where is the safest place to live.
Why is Cardiff a good place to live?
Affordable housing, excellent retail and leisure facilities and outstanding schools are just some of the reasons why Cardiff is a popular place to live.
Is Cardiff expensive to live?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
6 things students should know before coming to Cardiff
- Accommodation. If you are opting for private accommodation, do not book in advance from your home country.
- Food and grocery shopping. Eating healthy can keep you fit during you stay in Cardiff.
- Visit Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Castle.
- Enjoy the city centre.
- Choose your course wisely.
- Have funds to travel around Wales.
Is Cardiff dangerous?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
What is the most dangerous city in the UK?
Cleveland tops Britain’s blacklist and replaces West Yorkshire as the most dangerous region in the country, with sky-high rates of violent crime and criminal damage.
Is Cardiff a rough city?
Cardiff hardly ranks high on the list of dangerous -places-to-be-as-a-single-female. Its crime rate is a bit higher than the (Welsh) average for burglary/car crime etc..but that is because it is a city, and most of Wales is rural.
What is the best area to live in Cardiff?
We’ve rounded up 6 of the most desirable neighbourhoods to move to in Cardiff.
- Penylan. Penylan is located just six minutes east of the city centre by car.
- Pontcanna and Canton. Pontcanna and Canton are located about two miles west of the city centre.
Is Cardiff cheaper than London?
You would need around 2,900.04£ in Cardiff to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 4,800.00£ in London (assuming you rent in both cities).
Is Wales expensive to live?
Generally, the cost of living in Wales is much more affordable than living in a big city, however that depends on what area you move to. Cardiff is the most expensive place to live in Wales, although still comparably cheaper than other large cities in the UK.
Where is the nicest place to live in Wales?
Usk, Monmouthshire has been named the best place to live in Wales. It is top of a list of 6 locations in the region chosen by The Sunday Times to represent the best of Britain in the annual Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide.
Is Cardiff a good place to live for students?
Cardiff, the capital city of Wales, is a lively and student -friendly city. There is a lot on offer whether you are looking for culture, outdoor activities, shopping or a great nightlife and the city has the added bonus that almost everything is within walking distance.
How much do you need to live in Cardiff?
Summary about cost of living in Cardiff, United Kingdom: Family of four estimated monthly costs are 3,020$ (2,156£) without rent. A single person estimated monthly costs are 910$ (650£) without rent. Cardiff is 31.38% less expensive than New York (without rent).