- 1 What are the nicest parts of Cardiff?
- 2 Is Grangetown Cardiff rough?
- 3 Is Cardiff a good place to live?
- 4 Whats it like to live in Splott?
- 5 Is Cardiff dangerous?
- 6 Is Cardiff expensive to live?
- 7 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 8 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 9 Is Grangetown Cardiff Nice?
- 10 Is Cardiff a cheap place to live?
- 11 What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
- 12 Is Cardiff cheaper than London?
- 13 Is splott a bad area?
- 14 What days is splott market open?
- 15 What does splott mean?
What are the nicest parts of Cardiff?
We’ve rounded up 6 of the most desirable neighbourhoods to move to in Cardiff.
- Penylan. Penylan is located just six minutes east of the city centre by car.
- Pontcanna and Canton. Pontcanna and Canton are located about two miles west of the city centre.
Is Grangetown Cardiff rough?
It’s a bit rough round the edges but there’s a few young professionals moving there because it’s cheap.
Is Cardiff a good place to live?
Affordable housing, excellent retail and leisure facilities and outstanding schools are just some of the reasons why Cardiff is a popular place to live.
Whats it like to live in Splott?
It’s not as bad as its reputation, it’s a working class housing area, there’s a few nice parks, well served with shops, pharmacies etc. The people are mostly friendly, there are some chavvy types loitering around but apart from that it’s a fine place to live.
Is Cardiff dangerous?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
Is Cardiff expensive to live?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
Is Grangetown Cardiff Nice?
Treasurer Terry Woodroff said as the area had become more multi-cultural and, with more young people heading into the city centre, fewer people were drinking in the club. Terry said: “But Grangetown is a nice place – was a nice place.
Is Cardiff a cheap place to live?
It’s cheap. Well, compared to most cities and certainly most capital cities, the cost of living is certainly cheaper. Whether buying or renting a property you will be surprised at just how much home you get for your money. There is a whole section about the cost of living in Cardiff later in this guide.
What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
6 things students should know before coming to Cardiff
- Accommodation. If you are opting for private accommodation, do not book in advance from your home country.
- Food and grocery shopping. Eating healthy can keep you fit during you stay in Cardiff.
- Visit Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Castle.
- Enjoy the city centre.
- Choose your course wisely.
- Have funds to travel around Wales.
Is Cardiff cheaper than London?
You would need around 2,900.04£ in Cardiff to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 4,800.00£ in London (assuming you rent in both cities).
Is splott a bad area?
Splott is OK, it’s a little rough round the edges. The streets either side of Splott Road are OK (Ordell Street down to Florence Street and in between Moorland Road and Railway Street) although I’d avoid Moorland Road, it’s a busy main road and it can be a nightmare with traffic.
What days is splott market open?
Splott Market is open every Saturday and Sunday morning and is a great place to spend an hour on the weekend.
What does splott mean?
Splott (Welsh: Y Sblot) is a district and community in the south of the city of Cardiff, capital of Wales, just east of the city centre. It was built up in the late 19th century on the land of two farms of the same name: Upper Splott and Lower Splott Farms.