- 1 What TV shows are filmed in Cardiff?
- 2 What TV shows are filmed in Wales?
- 3 Whats on in the new Theatre Cardiff?
- 4 What is on at the Millennium Centre Cardiff?
- 5 Where in Cardiff is Doctor Who filmed?
- 6 What’s filmed at Dragon Studios?
- 7 What was filmed in Wales?
- 8 Where in Wales was Harry Potter filmed?
- 9 Where is Vikings filmed in Wales?
- 10 Are Theatres open in Wales?
- 11 Who owns the Wales Millennium Centre?
- 12 What is the Millennium Centre famous for?
What TV shows are filmed in Cardiff?
To us, the most important ones filmed in the heart of the city are Sherlock, Doctor Who and Torchwood, but we’ll include a few other favorites filmed just outside or nearby the city as well, such as Da Vinci’s Demons, Harry Potter and The Hollow Crown.
What TV shows are filmed in Wales?
Films and TV shows about Wales – watch from home!
- Gavin and Stacey (2007-2019)
- Bang (2019-)
- Hidden / Craith (2019-)
- Merlin (2008-2012)
- Torchwood (2006-2011)
Whats on in the new Theatre Cardiff?
- In the Night Garden LIVE. Sat 31 Jul – Sun 1 Aug 2021.
- CHICAGO. Tue 3 – Sat 7 Aug 2021.
- Ceri Dupree: A Star is Torn!!! Fri 3 – Sat 4 Sep 2021.
- A Beautiful Noise. Sun 5 Sep 2021.
- AJ and Curtis – Big Night Out. Sun 12 Sep 2021.
- Simon Amstell – Spirit Hole.
- Justin Fletcher LIVE – The Big Tour.
- Looking Good Dead.
What is on at the Millennium Centre Cardiff?
- Tony Adams: Sober Not Sombre. 24 May 2021 – CANCELLED.
- Oti Mabuse – I Am Here. CANCELLED.
- Streaming in real-time to online audiences live from Rambert’s studios.
- Rhod Gilbert: The Book of John.
- The Book of Mormon.
- Whitney – Queen of the Night.
- Joker: Live In Concert.
- Sir Ranulph Fiennes – Living Dangerously.
Where in Cardiff is Doctor Who filmed?
Located right in the heart of the Cardiff City Centre, Cardiff Castle has been used for many scenes in both Doctor Who and spinoff Torchwood, most notably during the series 6 two-parter, ‘The Rebel Flesh/The Almost People’ and in the Christmas episode ‘The Snowmen’.
What’s filmed at Dragon Studios?
Major Film and TV drama productions shot in Wales recently include ‘The Bastard Executioner’, ‘Will’, ‘Sherlock’, ‘A Discovery of Witches’, ‘Dr.
What was filmed in Wales?
Movies that feature Welsh locations
- First Knight. Starring: Sean Connery, Richard Gere, Julia Ormond.
- Half Light. Starring: Demi Moore.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and 2.
- King Arthur.
- King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.
- Robin Hood.
- Snow White and the Huntsman.
- The Edge of Love.
Where in Wales was Harry Potter filmed?
Freshwater West in Pembrokeshire became the backdrop of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 starring Daniel Radcliffe based on the book by J. K. Rowling. The Shell House served as a safe house for the Weasley family and allies of the Order of the Phoenix.
Where is Vikings filmed in Wales?
A movie shot in hills above Port Talbot that cast local rugby players as naked monks has been picked up by a leading US film distribution company.
Are Theatres open in Wales?
Restaurants, pubs and cafes can seat people indoors, and museums, theatres, cinemas and children’s play areas can open. As well as this, performances and large events can also restart, but with limits on how many people can attend.
Who owns the Wales Millennium Centre?
Wales Millennium Centre ( Welsh: Canolfan Mileniwm Cymru) is an arts centre located in the Cardiff Bay area of Cardiff, Wales. The site covers a total area of 4.7 acres (1.9 ha). Wales Millennium Centre.
|Owner||Phase 1: Wales Millennium Centre Phase 2: Lime Property Fund (Aviva Investors)|
|Operator||Wales Millennium Centre|
What is the Millennium Centre famous for?
Wales Millennium Centre opened in 2004 and has already established its reputation as one of the world’s most iconic arts and cultural destinations. The vision of the Centre is to be an internationally significant cultural landmark and centre for the performing arts, renowned for inspiration, excellence and leadership.