- 1 What percentage of Cardiff is black?
- 2 Is Cardiff a rich city?
- 3 Is Cardiff over populated?
- 4 Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
- 5 What percentage of Cardiff is English?
- 6 How many black people live in Swansea?
- 7 Is Cardiff expensive to live?
- 8 Is Cardiff a safe place to live?
- 9 What is the cheapest city to live in the UK?
- 10 What do you call a person from Cardiff?
- 11 What’s Cardiff famous for?
- 12 What is the biggest town in Wales?
- 13 What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
- 14 Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
- 15 Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
What percentage of Cardiff is black?
In Cardiff, the Other White (4%), Indian (2%), Pakistani (2%) and African (2%) are the largest ethnic minority groups.
Is Cardiff a rich city?
It’s the furthest north of our 6 neighbourhoods and is considered one of the wealthiest places to live in Wales with the average house price coming in at around £420,000.
Is Cardiff over populated?
The population in the 2011 Census was 346,100. Cardiff Built-up Area covers a larger area outside the county boundary, including the towns of Dinas Powys and Penarth. Cardiff.
|• Capital city & Principal area||366,903 (Ranked 1st) from Office for National Statistics|
Is Cardiff a dangerous city?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
What percentage of Cardiff is English?
Cardiff, the most ethnically diverse unitary authority in Wales, was the unitary authority with the lowest percentage of usual residents aged three and over reporting English or Welsh as a main language (92 per cent, 305,000).
How many black people live in Swansea?
2011 Census data suggests that the largest non-white ethnic groups in Swansea are: • Chinese – 2,052 people (0.9% of Swansea’s population ) • Bangladeshi – 1,944 (0.8%) • Other Asian – 1,739 (0.7%) • Black African – 1,707 (0.7%) • Arab – 1,694 (0.7%).
Is Cardiff expensive to live?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
Is Cardiff a safe place to live?
While Liverpool came out on top overall, Cardiff is among the top ten, and Swansea has one of the lowest crime rates in the UK. Confused.com measured the security of 32 of the biggest cities in the UK, along with their relevant postcodes to work out where is the safest place to live.
What is the cheapest city to live in the UK?
Top 10 most affordable UK towns to purchase a property
- Shildon, County Durham (£60,000 average property price)
- Cumnock, East Ayrshire (£74,000)
- Ferryhill, County Durham (£70,000)
- Peterlee, County Durham (£71,000)
- Girvan, South Ayrshire (£84,000)
- Cleator Moor, Cumbria (£93,000)
- Stevenston, North Ayrshire (£77,000)
What do you call a person from Cardiff?
Cardiff. Cardiffer, Cardiffian. Cambridge. Cantabrian,Cantab,Tab,Cantabrigian.
What’s Cardiff famous for?
It was officially recognized as the capital of Wales in 1955. Cardiff is the most important administrative, shopping, and cultural centre in the country, as well as the headquarters for many national organizations and government departments. Cardiff is the home of the devolved National Assembly for Wales.
What is the biggest town in Wales?
The Largest Cities in Wales
- Cardiff. Cardiff is the most populated city in Wales with an estimated urban population of more than 400,000 people. Cardiff is also is the capital of Wales.
- Swansea. Swansea is among the coastal cities in Wales.
- Newport. Newport is located about 12 miles to the east of Cardiff.
What are the roughest parts of Cardiff?
I’ve lived in the rougher parts of Cardiff: Riverside, Llanrumney, Plasnewydd, Splott and Tremorfa. This is because house prices are ridiculous elsewhere!
Is Grangetown Cardiff safe?
You should be careful walking through some parts of Grangetown. This is an area where a lot of people get robbed and have their pockets picked by thieves. You should also be aware of the prostitutes working along the river at a place named the Magic Roundabout. Bute Street is another place you should avoid.
Is adamsdown Cardiff safe?
Adamsdown isn’t that bad at all; I lived there for a couple of years and was fine. It’s like any area really – don’t take stupid risks and you’ll be ok. I lived in adamsdown for about a year straight out of uni. The local people are very chavvy and not at all friendly to outsiders.