- 1 What can you do in Cardiff for free?
- 2 What attractions are open in Cardiff?
- 3 Where can I go in Cardiff today?
- 4 How do I spend a day in Cardiff?
- 5 Is Cardiff expensive?
- 6 How many days do you need in Cardiff?
- 7 Is Cardiff Castle free?
- 8 Is Cardiff a nice city?
- 9 Is Cardiff worth visiting?
- 10 What is the nearest English town to Cardiff?
- 11 How safe is Cardiff?
- 12 Does Cardiff have a beach?
- 13 Is Cardiff worth a day trip from London?
- 14 How much is train from London to Cardiff?
- 15 How far is it from London to Cardiff?
What can you do in Cardiff for free?
FREE THINGS TO DO IN CARDIFF
- National Museum Cardiff. Housing Wales’s national art, natural history and geology collections, National Museum Cardiff should be on everyone’s Cardiff bucket list.
- St Fagans National Museum of History.
- Pierhead Building.
- Norwegian Church Arts Centre.
- The Senedd.
- Museum of Cardiff.
- Bute Park.
- Street Art.
What attractions are open in Cardiff?
Family Friendly Attractions Open In Cardiff
- Cardiff International White Water is now open and taking bookings!
- The Welsh Mining Experience at Rhondda Heritage Park has reopened it’s doors.
- Mermaid Quay boats more than 30 restaurants, cafes, bars and more; a stunning waterfront location in the heart of Cardiff Bay.
Where can I go in Cardiff today?
Top Attractions in Cardiff
- St Fagans National Museum of History. 7,195. Speciality Museums.
- Principality Stadium. 4,021. Arenas & Stadiums.
- Cardiff Castle. 6,473. Castles.
- Cardiff Bay. 6,106. Piers & Boardwalks.
- National Museum Cardiff. 2,619.
- Roath Park. 1,053.
- Wales Millennium Centre. 2,675.
- Bute Park. 1,822.
How do I spend a day in Cardiff?
What to do in Cardiff in One day
- Free Walking Tour of Cardiff.
- Visit the Cardiff Castle.
- Stroll around the beautiful high street arcade.
- Enjoy the sunshine at Mermaid Quay.
- Have dinner at a beautiful restaurant by the sea.
- Food tour in Cardiff.
- Go for a scenic boat ride.
- Explore Cardiff’s National Museum.
Is Cardiff expensive?
A single person estimated monthly costs are 924$ (655£) without rent. Cardiff is 29.97% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Cardiff is, on average, 70.63% lower than in New York.
How many days do you need in Cardiff?
Three days would be preferable. You could spend a full day split between Cardiff Castle and the National Museum of Wales if you really took your time, and that would give you a good introduction.
Is Cardiff Castle free?
Cardiff Castle is not currently open as a tourist attraction; however, visitors to the city centre are welcome to come in and enjoy the open air space of the Castle green, free of charge.
Is Cardiff a nice city?
Cardiff is a vibrant and affordable place to live. Over the past 20 years Wales’ capital has transformed into a thriving city with some of the best cultural and recreational activities. If you’re considering relocating, Cardiff really should be top of your list as it’s one of the best places to live and work.
Is Cardiff worth visiting?
Cardiff is home to an abundance of historical houses and castles. Cardiff Castle is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Wales and for good reason. It houses over 2,000 years of history, from the Roman times to the present day.
What is the nearest English town to Cardiff?
Cities near Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Penarth, United Kingdom.
- Barry, United Kingdom.
- Pontypridd, United Kingdom.
- Newport, United Kingdom.
- Cwmbran, United Kingdom.
- Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom.
- Pontypool, United Kingdom.
- Clevedon, United Kingdom.
How safe is Cardiff?
Crime in Cardiff Cardiff is a relatively safe city, especially compared with bigger cities in the UK. However, according to crime statistics from June 2019 – May 2020, violent crime made up 29% of all crimes in the area, with 33.2k crimes reported. This number has decreased 0.5% when compared to year-on-year figures.
Does Cardiff have a beach?
There are many beaches in the Cardiff area including Penarth and St Mary’s Well Bay. Only a short drive away is the more famous Barry Island with its large sandy beach and family friendly amenities.
Is Cardiff worth a day trip from London?
As I said before, Cardiff does make a great day trip from London. There’s so much to do that you can easily pick and choose your favourites. However, depending on your interests, you might need to budget more than a day there.
How much is train from London to Cardiff?
There are normally 56 trains per day travelling from London Paddington to Cardiff Central and tickets for this journey start from £15 when you book in advance. London Paddington to Cardiff Central by train.
|Journey time||From 1h 42m|
|Distance||129 miles (208 km)|
|Frequency||56 trains per day|
How far is it from London to Cardiff?
The distance between London and Cardiff is 132 miles.