- 1 Is Cardiff a safe place to live?
- 2 Where is the nicest place to live in Wales?
- 3 Is Cardiff a expensive place to live?
- 4 What towns are near Cardiff?
- 5 What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
- 6 What is the most dangerous city in the UK?
- 7 Where is the cheapest place to live in Wales?
- 8 Is it cheaper to live in Wales than England?
- 9 Where should I not live in Pembrokeshire?
- 10 Is Cardiff a cheap city?
- 11 Is Cardiff dangerous?
- 12 What is the best area to live in Cardiff?
- 13 What is the nearest English town to Cardiff?
- 14 What are the 6 cities of Wales?
- 15 Which city is closer to Wales?
Is Cardiff a safe place to live?
While Liverpool came out on top overall, Cardiff is among the top ten, and Swansea has one of the lowest crime rates in the UK. Confused.com measured the security of 32 of the biggest cities in the UK, along with their relevant postcodes to work out where is the safest place to live.
Where is the nicest place to live in Wales?
Usk, Monmouthshire has been named the best place to live in Wales. It is top of a list of 6 locations in the region chosen by The Sunday Times to represent the best of Britain in the annual Sunday Times Best Places to Live guide.
Is Cardiff a expensive place to live?
Cardiff is 29.97% less expensive than New York (without rent). Rent in Cardiff is, on average, 70.63% lower than in New York.
What towns are near Cardiff?
The Cardiff Urban Area covers a slightly larger area outside of the county boundary, and includes the towns of Dinas Powys, Penarth and Radyr.
What do I need to know before moving to Cardiff?
6 things students should know before coming to Cardiff
- Accommodation. If you are opting for private accommodation, do not book in advance from your home country.
- Food and grocery shopping. Eating healthy can keep you fit during you stay in Cardiff.
- Visit Cardiff Bay and Cardiff Castle.
- Enjoy the city centre.
- Choose your course wisely.
- Have funds to travel around Wales.
What is the most dangerous city in the UK?
Cleveland tops Britain’s blacklist and replaces West Yorkshire as the most dangerous region in the country, with sky-high rates of violent crime and criminal damage.
Where is the cheapest place to live in Wales?
Ferndale in Rhondda Cynon Taff was found to be the most affordable town in Wales with properties costing £87,000. If you’re looking to get the most out of your money when buying a home, then these are the areas to consider.
Is it cheaper to live in Wales than England?
It’s cheaper to live and work in Wales, with a much lower average cost of living compared to England. 26% of Wales is classed as a National Park or Area of Outstanding Beauty so you will have plenty to see and do right on your doorstep!
Where should I not live in Pembrokeshire?
Worst places to live in Pembrokeshire
- Albert Town, Haverfordwest. (133 crimes in Mar 2021)
- Waterloo, Pembroke Dock. (126 crimes in Mar 2021)
- Pembroke Ferry, Pembroke Dock. (123 crimes in Mar 2021)
- Aberdaughleddau (Milford Haven), Milford Haven. (91 crimes in Mar 2021)
- Milford Haven.
- Pembroke Dock (Doc Penfro), Pennar.
- Pill, Rhoscrowther.
- Hakin, Liddeston.
Is Cardiff a cheap city?
Cardiff has the second-lowest monthly rent of all the UK’s university cities. Cardiff came second in the 2020 Natwest Student Living Index for monthly rental costs in UK university cities, and twelfth in terms of overall living costs.
Is Cardiff dangerous?
Cardiff Crime Overview Cardiff is the most dangerous city in South Glamorgan, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of South Glamorgan’s 60 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Cardiff in 2020 was 51 crimes per 1,000 people.
What is the best area to live in Cardiff?
We’ve rounded up 6 of the most desirable neighbourhoods to move to in Cardiff.
- Penylan. Penylan is located just six minutes east of the city centre by car.
- Pontcanna and Canton. Pontcanna and Canton are located about two miles west of the city centre.
What is the nearest English town to Cardiff?
Cities near Cardiff, United Kingdom
- Penarth, United Kingdom.
- Barry, United Kingdom.
- Pontypridd, United Kingdom.
- Newport, United Kingdom.
- Cwmbran, United Kingdom.
- Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom.
- Pontypool, United Kingdom.
- Clevedon, United Kingdom.
What are the 6 cities of Wales?
Find out more about the six cities Wales has to offer: Cardiff, Newport, Swansea, Bangor, St Davids and St Asaph.
Which city is closer to Wales?
List of Cities near Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
|Major Cities Close to Cardiff|
|Bristol||40.8 km / 25.4 miles|
|Finistere||362.8 km / 225.4 miles|
|Ille-et-Vilaine||380.2 km / 236.2 miles|
|Rennes||389.5 km / 242 miles|